Indoor cultivation has become the norm in many homes. Growing seedlings and greens indoors is a widely practiced endeavor today. T5 grow light are the latest technology as far as seedlings and greens cultivation is concerned. Prior, T8 and T12 have been in use. They have since been faced out due to the optimal efficiency offered by the T5 grow lights. T5 grow lights consist of fluorescent grow lights that have a 5/8’’ diameter. Having the best T5 lights in your garden will ensure your seedlings are healthy. T5 grow lights are very efficient and are very long lasting. They deliver a better light quality too.
There are many types of T5 grow light available in the market. Shopping for the best T5 row lights may not be very straightforward. It would be difficult for you to identify the best one among the many types if you have not interacted with one before. There are not many T5 grow light reviews available either. You might be wondering, what is the best T5 grow light? Wonder no more! We took our time to explore various T5 grow lights to see how they compare against each other. We compiled one of the best T5 grow lights reviews.
This is a review of various T5 grow light that we established work great. The review will highlight the respective features of the grow lights as well as their pros and cons. Shopping for the best T5 grow light should no longer be such a daunting task. The review aims at arming you with relevant information to ensure you can choose the best T5 grow light next time you go shopping for one. You should be able to get the best T5 grow light for the money you have. Tag along and let’s get you the best T5 grow light for your seedlings. First, below is a quick snippet of the various T5 grow lights 2019 featured in the review.
Best T5 Grow Lights 2019
- Agrobrite FLT48 T5 Grow Light – This grow light comes with a powder coated, steel housing and has 86400K T5 Tubes.
- Hydroplanet T5 Grow Light – This grow light has 95% reflective Aluminum reflectors and operates on 110v/120v.
- LightingWise T5 Grow Light – This grow light has a color temperature of either 6500k or 3000k, and its light output is Lumen-5000
- DuroLux DL844s T5 Grow Light – This grow light has a high light output of 20000 Lumen and 95% Reflectivity German Hammer-tone Reflector.
- Apollo Horticulture Purple Reign – The grow light is adjustable and comes with 24W 6400K bulbs.
- Hydro Crunch T5 Growth Light – This grow light is fitted with a 95% reflective Aluminum reflector and 8 ft. 120-Volt power cord.
- Sun Blaze T5 Grow Light – This grow light is fitted with the Sun Blaze Strip Light and operates on 120V.
- Apollo Horticulture F54T5 Grow Light – This grow light comes with a package of 5x T5 Light Bulbs each of 54W.
The Agrobrite FLT48 T5 grow light is a powerful grow lights with a series of T5 fluorescent grow lights. It delivers a high-intensity illumination. It is a fantastic grow light for all sorts of indoor cultivations.
- It has 8 6400 kelvin fluorescents grow light bulbs
- It delivers up to 40000 lumens
- It has a powder-coated steel housing
- It has the daisy chain feature
- Its faceted specular aluminum allows even light distribution
- The light is very flexible. You can hang it either vertical, horizontal or overhead
- The light has very strong illumination
- The daisy chain is very convenient. You can connect multiple fixtures from a single outlet.
- Thought the light is big, it does not have a very large area of coverage. You have to buy several of them if you have a large area you need to be covered.
The Agrobrite FLT48 T5 Grow Light is a powerful grow light with an incredible performance. One light may not be able to cover a large area, but the seedlings covered will certainly blossom very well.
The Hydroplanet T5 grow light is yet another phenomenal grow light, that’s perfect for your seedlings and vegetables. It comes with plug and play ballasts that save you a lot of hassle and time.
- The light has 8 6500 kelvin HO grow bulbs
- It is fitted with 95% reflective aluminum reflectors
- It comes with a 15’ power cord
- It has a daisy chain feature
- The plug and play ballasts save you a lot of hassles
- The reflective aluminum reflectors ensure better light distribution
- The light has very powerful illumination
- The daisy chain feature is very convenient. You can connect more lights to the same outlet.
- The light’s leads a fitted close together. Fitting more of the standard bulbs is a challenge.
The Hydroplanet T5 Grow light does not seem to disappoint in many ways. There are a few complaints on Amazon about the ballasts falling off and some bulbs not working. Majority of the reviews are positive though. Many have been satisfied by the light’s performance. It is one of the best t5 bulbs for veg.
The LightingWise are T5 fluorescent bulbs that you can fit on a suitable grow light frame. They have a length of 42.12’’ and a diameter of 0.62’’. They are very powerful and have a high-intensity light output.
- One pack has 4 bulbs
- Each bulb has a light output of 5000 lumens
- They have a color temperature of between 3000 k and 6500 k
- The bulbs have 20,000 hours lifespan
- The bulbs have high-intensity illumination
- They have a complete spectrum that is great for vegetative plants
- The bulbs have a long life-span
- Their cost is pocket-friendly
- You will have to buy a grow light frame separately
- Fitting the lights might be a challenge
The LightingWise bulbs are very efficient. They deliver a strong illumination and last for long. They are a great option to buy as replacement lights. There are a few complaints about the lumen capacity being low, but these seem like isolated cases.
The DuroLux DL844s T5 grow light is a powerful grow light with a very high light output. It is a great option for professional grow lighting systems. It is ideal for plants in the growth phase. The light comes with a myriad of impressive features.
- It has a light output of 20000 lumens
- It has 4 6500k lamps
- It is fitted with the daisy chain feature
- It has two switches for dimming operations
- The light has a German hammer reflector system for even light distribution
- It works well even in damp or wet environments
- The high light output is great for growing plants
- The daisy chain feature is very convenient
- The lights get a bit too hot. This may affect some plants.
The DuroLux DL844s does not fall very far away from the ultimate T5 grow light. It has very strong illumination, and it has a long lifespan. The light is available on Amazon. It has attracted overwhelmingly positive reviews.
The Apollo Horticulture Purple Reign is a two-light T5 grow light system. It is a powerful grow light system with impressive features. The light mimics daylight light at noon on a sunny day.
- The light has 2 2ft long lamps
- The lamps’ positions are adjustable
- The light comes with a steel frame
- Each light is 6400 kelvins and delivers 24 watts
- The light is easy to install
- The adjustability allows you to set it to deliver maximum lumens
- Its light has daylight-like illumination. That’s great for the plants
- The light delivers high-intensity illumination
- The light has very little coverage
The Purple Reign T5 grow light lives up to the good reputation of Apollo Horticulture products. It doesn’t have much t5 light coverage area, but it works great on the plants it is able to cover. It is one of the best grow lights for indoor plants. It is the best t5 bulbs for flowering plants.
The Hydro Crunch is yet another top-rated T5 grow light with very impressive deliverables. The grow light delivers an Impressively strong illumination and has good coverage. The light is fitted with an aluminum reflector for even light distribution.
- It is fitted with a 95% reflective aluminum reflector
- It comes with 8 6400 kelvin lamps
- It has the daisy chain feature
- It comes with an 8ft power cord
- The light delivers a very high-intensity illumination
- The reflective aluminum ensures an even light distributions
- The daisy chain feature allows several fixtures to be connected to the same outlet
- It has a steel housing and louvered slots for efficient cooling
- The dual switch and power cord are too close together on one side.
- Mounting the bulbs is a challenge at times since the leads are close together. This causes quick damage too.
Hydro Crunch T5 is a great option for cultivating seedlings and clones. It has great deliverables and has lived up to the expectations of many of its customers on Amazon. It will certainly live up to your expectations too.
The Sun Blaze T5 grow light comes with a single fluorescent bulb, that is optimized towards delivering the essentials of a great grow light. You may require several of these if you need a better coverage though.
- It is a 2ft single fixture light
- The light is rated 120V
- It weighs 1.2 pounds
- It has a 12 ft power cord
- It comes with holes for v-hangers
- It delivers 5000 lumens
- The light delivers strong and ample illuminations
- The light has the very convenient daisy chain feature
- The powder-coated steel housing is very durable
- It is a versatile light. You can place it either vertically or horizontally.
- You would need multiple lights to get optimum coverage.
Though the Sun Blaze is a single bulb light, it delivers an Amazing performance. It has ample illumination and lasts for long. It is a great option if you have a small garden too.
The Apollo Horticulture F54T5 grow light bulbs are yet other masterpieces from Apollo Horticulture. The lights are optimized towards delivering all the basic requirements for your plants to blossom. The bulbs have superior performance and are durable.
- The package has 5 T5 bulbs
- Each has a color temperature of 2700 kelvin
- Each delivers 4950 lumens
- They have a lifespan of 20000 hours
- The bulbs deliver a very strong illumination
- They are very durable
- They are very energy efficient
- They are great for seedling and cuttings propagation
- You have to buy a housing separately
- Fitting the light on various frames may be a challenge
The Apollo Horticulture F54T5 bulbs seem to be very effective. They are yet another great option for replacement bulbs. The bulbs have all the essential deliverables of a great T5 grow light. They are available on Amazon. Many of those who have used them before have been satisfied by their performance.
Best T5 Grow Lights 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above should help you better understand what a great T5 grow light entails. Before narrowing down to any particular grow light, you need to consider several factors. The factors revolve around the features and performance of the light, as well as your specific requirements. Different lights are best suited for different situations.
Factors to consider when buying T5 grow lights
- The cost
This is an important factor to consider. One should buy the best T5 grow lights that are affordable. It is also recommended that one should work within the set budget to avoid incurring an unexpected cost. Purchasing the T5 grow lights directly from the manufacturer is recommended. Manufacturers tend to sell it at a lower price enabling one to save extra money. Customers who intend to buy the lights locally should compare their prices at different retailers. It is always prudent to buy the T5 grow lights from the store that is retailing at the lowest price possible.
- The size of your grow room
It is always advisable to measure the size of the grow room before buying the T5 grow lights. This is to determine the determine the most extensive lighting system required. Sometimes the grow room might be big thus may need multiple units of T5 grow light. In such a scenario, one can buy several units of T5 grow lights that are cheaper as compared to buying several single units, many times. Generally, based on the designs of the grow rooms, the appropriate light coverage cannot be provided by one single unit of T5 grow light. You have to be able to answer questions such as, how many t5 lights do I need for veg.
- The type of plant to be grown
Plants to be grown is an essential factor to consider before purchasing one. For instance, if one wishes to grow large fruiting plants, upgrading the size and wattage of the unit is required. Another thing to put in mind is that T5 grow lights are efficient for microgreens, seedlings, and other plants harvested before they flower.
- The manufacturer
The manufacturer reputation matters a lot. There are many manufacturers selling the T5 grow lights. Some of them sell counterfeit ones thus need to be on the lookout. Always establish the history and respectability of the manufacturer before buying the grow lights.
- The color temperature of the bulbs
The T5 glow lights system comes with interchangeable bulbs. Fluorescent fixtures do well in both vegetative stages of growth only. In such a case, one should buy other bulbs designed for flowering growth.
- The existing lights
People with existing grow lights should consider how adding T5 lights will be useful in supplementing the already existing setup. If the light output with the old grow lights is not enough, then one may consider adding a few T5 grow lights. On the hand, if the old grow light is defective, then replacing it entirely with T5 grow lights is recommendable.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best T5 grow light. Shopping for a T5 grow light should no longer feel like such a daunting task. You should be able to get the best T5 grow light for the money you have. Your plants should be able to blossom well under the illumination of one of these lights.
- 1 Best T5 Grow Lights 2019
- 2 1) Agrobrite FLT48 T5 Grow Light
- 3 2) Hydroplanet T5 Grow Light
- 4 3) LightingWise T5 Grow Light
- 5 4) DuroLux DL844s T5 Grow Light
- 6 5) Apollo Horticulture Purple Reign
- 7 6) Hydro Crunch T5 Growth Light
- 8 7) Sun Blaze T5 Grow Light
- 9 8) Apollo Horticulture F54T5 Grow Light
- 10 Best T5 Grow Lights 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Conclusion