LED technology revolutionized lighting solutions and provided amazing capabilities as far as illumination is concerned. Surprisingly, the technology extended up to our gardens and greenhouses, to help promote and foster the growth and development of our flowers and vegetables. It is widely known that plants require illumination to thrive very well. The best grow lights provide that much-needed illumination. Grow lights provide the plants with the energy they need to execute the processes involved in their growth and blossom. Whether you have an existing garden on which you need to add some glow, or you want to launch a new one, A grow light will come in handy to ensure your plants thrive well.
There are many types of LED grow lights in the market. Many people do not know the technical aspects of these lights. Finding the best LED grow light might be a challenging endeavor. The distinct types of grow lights available perform differently and have different features. These lights are best suited for different situations. Unfortunately, some of them are not effective. When you pay for a grow light, you need it to be very effective as far as fostering plant growth is concerned.
Worry less! We took time to compile one of the best grow lights reviews. Shopping for the best LED grow lights should not be such a daunting task. This piece is a review of various grow lights that we have already established work great. The review will highlight features, pros, and cons of the different grow lights. After going through the review, it should be easy for you to get your best-suited grow light. Tag along and let’s get you the best LED grow light. First, below is a comparison table of the various grow lights featured in the review. The table is a sneak peek of how the grow lights compare against each other.
Best LED Grow Lights 2018
1) Diamond Series XML 350 Grow Light
Your gardening experience should not remain the same with the Diamond Serie XML 350 Grow Light. The light boasts of some of the most superior features in the grow lights realm. Whether it is veggies or flowers you have in your garden, the glow will brightly glow over them to give them the much-needed vigor. The glow light is a high-precision, full-spectrum grow light, suitable for plants at the cloning, vegetative or flowering cycles. The light comes with numerous impressive features, which are the epitome of efficiency.
- The grow light has a power draw of 300 watts
- It has 144 pieces of 3watts LED’s
- It features a unique diamond shape on the LED vents.
- It is equipped with the daisy chain feature
- The light is power efficient. It draws 330 watts from the mains and has an output power of 532 watts.
- It has high precision. The light is fitted with 90-degree XML collimator lens that delivers utmost precision.
- The full-spectrum offers 11 bands of wavelength. You can adjust the wavelength of the light according to the needs of the plants.
- The diamond shapes vents are reflective. It ensures optimum coverage.
- The high intensity of the light might burn the plants if it is put at a low height. You need to remain extra vigilant to ensure the light is always at the right height.
The Diamond Series XML 350 Grow Light has some of the best deliverables by a grow light, judging by the overwhelmingly positive review it has on Amazon. The features above clearly reveal a very effective grow light. It is a great indoor grow light and an excellent replacement for HPS, HID or fluorescent grow lights. You plant will undoubtedly rejoice under the illumination of this light.
2) Viparspectra Reflector Series Grow Light (300 watts)
The Viparspectra Reflector Series grow light is yet another resourceful gardening tool. It is designed for indoor plants, more specifically veggies and flowers. The grow light leverages itself on its ability to maintain the balance between PAR output and coverage. Both are important to the plants, but there is a delicate balance in between. You wouldn’t want to compromise on either. The Vipaspectra grow light will ensure none of that happens.
- The light has a full spectrum of 11 wavelengths
- It is fitted with 60 pieces of high-intensity 5-watt bulbs
- The grow light draws 136 watts of power from the mains
- The grow light comes with a 3-year warranty
- The light is very power efficient. It translates a power draw of 136 watts into an output of 300 watts.
- The light is extremely bright. Plants at all growth stages will rejoice under the illumination of this light.
- The grow light has the convenient daisy chain feature. You can connect several of them together for more coverage.
- The grow light has an advanced high-speed fan and an aluminum heat sink that ensure optimal heat dissipation.
- The fan of the grow light may be a bit noisy.
- The grow light’s high-intensity light can easily damage your eyes if you look straight into it.
The Viparspectra Reflector Series Grow Light is a fantastic option if you are on a tight budget. It is a high-intensity light that will work great for all your garden plants. There are several concerns about its durability though. The grow light will perform great but not for very long, as compared to other lights. Your plants will get the needed boost for as long as it can last.
3) Viparspectra Reflector Series Grow Light (600 watts)
We have yet another Viparspectra Series Grow Light. This one is more powerful than the one above though. It has a power output of 600 watts. It is a bigger light with more coverage area. The light illuminates on your plants just like natural light would. The light delivers double the coverage of many grow lights. It has all the great features synonymous with Viparspectra grow lights.
- The grow light has an average power draw of 269 watts.
- The light is fitted with 120 pieces of high intensity LED.
- The grow light has the daisy chain feature
- It is a full spectrum grow light
- The grow light has a large coverage area.
- It has high-speed fans and aluminum heat sink for heat dissipation
- The high-intensity light is great for the development of many plants at all stages
- The light has a very convenient timer. You can time it to provide illumination over a certain period.
- The light is not waterproof. It can only be used indoors.
- It has a noisy fan.
- The strong illumination will damage your eyes.
This Vipaspectra grow light is an excellent option if you have a large garden. It delivers extensive coverage than many conventional grow lights. The light durability issues, but its performance cannot be called to question. There are many positive reviews about the grow light on Amazon. You should consider it if you have a large garden and are on a tight budget. It is arguably the best led grow lights for indoor plants.
4) TaoTronics Grow Light
The TaoTronics is a revolutionary grow light. The light is designed to deliver great convenience for the user, while not comprising on the performance. The light is an excellent option for hydroponic plants. Hydroponic plants grow in wet environments, and a light that can handle such environments is needed. The TaoTronics is one such grow light.
- The grow light comes in a standard bulb design
- It features a 60 degrees light beam
- The light comes with three wavelength bands
- The grow light has very low power consumption.
- The light offers the best conditions for photosynthesis
- The grow light has no mercury, heavy metal, or harmful gases
- The grow light is fitted with extra cooling systems for effective heat dissipation.
- The grow is works best with young plants. It may not be the best for mature plants.
- The 60 degrees beam does not have optimum coverage.
The TaoTronics is an excellent light for young plants. Young plants are usually delicate and require a balanced grow light. The TaoTronics comes with great installation convenience. You plug it on like an ordinary bulb. The grow light enjoys impressive reviews on Amazon. It works great within its limits.
5) Roleadro LED Grow Light
The Roleadro LED grow light is engineered towards ensuring more light reaches and gets absorbed by the plants. The grow light strikes the much-need balance between PAR and light intensity. As noted earlier, both PAR and light intensity are essential aspects of plant growth. The Roleadro light seeks to maximize coverage.
- The grow light has 100 pieces of 3 watts LED bulbs
- It has a power draw of 132 watts
- It is a full-spectrum light with 11 wavelength bands
- It has 120 degrees light beam
- The light has a great beam that maximizes on coverage and light absorption by the plants
- It can be used on may plants. You can use it with both hydroponic and soil plants
- It has an excellent heat dissipation system. The heat dissipation system helps reduce energy wastage.
- The grow light delivers optimal light intensity and PAR to the plants.
- The grow light is somewhat noisy.
The Roleadro LED grow light is an optimized towards ensuring your plants reap the maximum benefits. The features above reveal and effective and power efficient grow light. This full spectrum led grow light seems to have everything you would want in a great grow light. This grow light should be among your top of the list options. It is one of the best led grow lights for vegetative growth.
6) Viparspectra Reflector-Series (450 watts)
This Vipaspectra Reflector series grow light is a middle ground between the 300 watts and the 600 watts lights. The 300 watts light may not be enough for your garden, while the 600 watts one may be too big. This light comes in handy in such a situation. All the other features are almost similar to those of the other Viparspectra grow lights.
- It is a full spectrum light with 11 bands of wavelength
- It has a power draw of 200 watts
- It is fitted with 90 pieces of LEDs
- It has a 90 degrees angle beam
- The light has an excellent heat dissipation system
- It strikes the needed balance between coverage and PAR
- The grow light is very energy efficient. It has a power output of 450 watts.
- The light comes with the daisy chain feature. You can connect more of them together for larger coverage.
- The high-light intensity will damage your eyes if you look straight into it.
- It may not work well for young plants.
- The light is not waterproof. It can, therefore, only be used indoors.
This light is a middle ground for the other two Vipaspectra lights on the review. It delivers good coverage and PAR. It is ideal for a mid-sized indoor garden. It has its limitations, but it will work the magic within its jurisdiction. The light enjoys encouraging reviews on various online platforms too. It comes at a favorable price also. It is yet another great option if you are on a tight budget. It is also one of the best led grow lights high times.
7) Galaxyhydro 600watts LED Grow Light
The Galaxyhydro grow light is yet another fantastic grow light. The light has some IR rays that foster not only the development of your plants but also provides warmth for your plants. Flowers and vegetables require warmth to thrive. This light is an excellent option for greenhouses. It has strong illumination and a wide coverage area. The development of the light is based on several pieces of research by experts.
- The grow light comes with a mixed angle of coverage. It has 90 degrees and 120 degrees.
- The light has 200 pieces of high intensity LED lights
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- It is a full-spectrum grow light.
- The light has an upgraded aluminum sink which allows efficient heat dissipation
- The grow light is very energy efficient
- It has optimum coverage. The mixed angle coverage enhances the coverage
- The grow light produces IR and UV radiations which are both great for the plants
- The high-speed fans could be noisy.
- The high-intensity illumination will damage plants if placed at the wrong height. Close supervision is required.
- The grow light is not suitable for young plants.
If you have a large garden or greenhouse, this is the kind of light you need. The features point at a light developed for large-scale applications. The grow light seems to have an impressive performance, if the reviews it has on Amazon are anything to go by. You need to keep a close eye on the plants to ensure the light does not overpower them though. You won’t have to worry about the noise if you will be using it in a greenhouse. Overall, this is a top of the range grow light. It is arguably the best led grow lights for vegetables.
8) Mars Hydro-Reflector LED Grow Light
The Mars Hydro-Reflector LED Grow Light is designed specifically for hydroponic plants. The light is a product of 8 years of continued research. The light ensures no light loss with its reflective design. Hydroponic plants will always be indoors. You need a light like the Mars Hydro-Reflector LED Grow Light if you are to provide enough illumination for them. The grow light handles all types of plants, at all growth stages, very well.
- The grow light has 144 pieces of high intensity 5 watts LEDs
- It has a power draw of 298 watts.
- The grow light comes with the reflective design
- It is a full spectrum light
- The reflective design ensures optimal illumination absorption by the plants
- The grow light produces IR radiation which is great for the plants
- The grow light is very power efficient. It has a power output of 720 watts
- It has high-speed fans and a heat sink for efficient heat dissipation
- Its high-speed fans are noisy. They could be a nuisance in the house.
- The high-intensity illumination needs close monitoring lest it destroys the plants.
- The high-intensity could damage your eyes.
- The grow light applications are limited to hydroponic plants.
The Mars Hydro-Reflector LED Grow Light is designed by experts and professionals to deliver the best results for hydroponic plants. There might not be much regarding comparison with other lights since it is a purpose-specific light. Hydroponic plants lovers will find the Mars Hydro-Reflector LED Grow Light very resourceful. All the features above point at a very effective grow light. The light also enjoys many positive reviews on Amazon. You will most likely not be disappointed if you purchased the grow light.
9) Apollo Horticulture GL80X5LED Grow Light
The Apollo Horticulture grow light is the real deal when it comes to large-scale farming. This light is not your usual garden grow light. It is designed to be mounted on greenhouses and plant canopies. It is a big light meant to provide illumination over vast are to plants at the growth and flowering stages.
- It is a full spectrum grow light
- It has a 120 degrees angle of coverage
- It has 80 pieces of 5 watts LEDs
- The light has stainless steel hanging clips
- It is the ideal light for large-scale horticulture cultivations.
- The grow light is versatile. It can be used on both hydroponic and soil plants.
- The light is easy to mount on the plant canopies. It comes with mounting hooks
- It has optimum coverage. The 120 degrees angle of coverage is arguably the best.
- The light has a rather low power output for a light of its size.
If you are a large-scale horticulture farmer, you may have been feeling lost over the review until now. It is the ideal light for such applications. It will deliver the required illumination over your plants, and they will undoubtedly rejoice. The light has been rated highly by many users on Amazon. It, therefore, seems to deliver on all its promises. It is arguably the best led grow light for tomatoes that we have in the review.
10) G8LED 900-Watt Grow Light
The G8LED 900-Watt Grow Light is an award-winning grow light that is also suitable for large-scale cultivations. The light has very many LED and very wide coverage. It is arguably the best grow light for large cultivations, that we have on the review. The illumination is like no other, and it is built to last. The light comes with numerous impressive features, that will ensure your plants do not remain the same.
- The light emits IR and UV radiation
- It comes with 8 bands of wavelength
- It has a power draw of 450 watts
- It has a coverage area of 24 square feet
- It has a penetration of 60 inches below the plant canopy
- The plant has a high PAR (1540 umol). The plants are able to absorb enough illumination.
- It has a high-illumination which enables high penetration
- It has a large area of coverage
- The light is very power efficient it has a power output of 900 watts
- It has a durable construction.
- The grow light may not be applicable to young plants. The high illumination will easily damage young plants
- The grow light has a high-power draw. You may notice higher power bill after you start using it.
The G8LED 900-Watt Grow Light is what you need if you are an extensive vegetables or flowers farmer. The high-power consumption should not be a concern as the benefits accrued from the light are far much better. The light delivers some of the best coverage and penetration levels available. You should see the reviews it has on Amazon. They are quite encouraging. You will most likely not miss the mark with light. It is a fantastic option for any large-scale cultivation scheme.
11) Ledgle LED Grow Light
The Ledgle Led Grow Light is the epitome of a versatile light. The light is designed to be used both indoors and outdoors. It can be used on plants at all growth stages. The grow light is equipped with very impressive features to ensure it can handle many types of applications. The light comes with a distinct crystal plus lens design that ensures optimal coverage and illumination. It is smaller than most of the other lights, but its performance cannot be questioned.
- It has two selectable illuminations forms. The leaf or the boom.
- The grow light emits IR and UV radiations
- It is a full spectrum light. It has 11 bands of wavelength
- The light comes with a 1-year warranty
- The grow light is fitted with two fans and an aluminum heat sink for efficient heat dissipation.
- The light is very versatile. It can be used on different plants at different stages of growth. It can also be used both indoors and outdoors
- The light is energy efficient. It does not consume a lot of energy
- The crystal plus lens designs ensure optimum coverage.
- The grow light is smaller than most conventional lights. It there has a smaller coverage area.
The Ledgle LED Grow Light is banked on versatility. It seems to have a bit of everything you would want in a good grow light. It is a great option, especially if you are on a tight budget. Its deliverables are good enough. Most of the customers who have bought it have been satisfied by its performance if the reviews on Amazon are anything to go by. It is an ideal light for a small indoor or outdoor garden.
Best LED Grow Lights 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above are aimed at giving you a better understanding of technical aspects of the grow lights. These aspects will help you compare the different lights and find out which one delivers more value. The lights above are best suited to different circumstances. There are several factors you are supposed to consider before settling on any one of them. The factors are;
- Garden Size
The size of your garden is a crucial determinant of the best grow light for you. The lights above come in different sizes and have different areas of coverage. The coverage of a light is informed by its size, lens designs and angle of coverage. Bigger lights with a reflective lens design and a higher angle of coverage have more coverage. You need a grow light that can cover your whole garden. As such, you should take time to compare the different lights and find out which coincides well with the size of your garden.
- Growth Stage
The lights above are suitable to plants at different stages of growth. This information will most of the times be indicated in the package of the light. Ensure that you get the right light for your plants. Young plants generally require illumination of less intensity, while mature plants need high intensity illumination. Strong illumination on very young plants will most likely damage them. Low intensity illumination on mature plants may not have any effect.
- Plant Type
Different plants require different types of grow lights. Hydroponic and soil plants are the most common types of plants we have in our home gardens. There are lights specifically designed to handle hydroponic plants. Getting a light that is specifically designed to handle the type of plant that you have means more coverage and penetration. Your plants will thrive well under the illumination of grow light engineered with their welfare only in mind.
- Power Consumption
It is inevitable the when you get a grow light it will consume some power. However, the light need not inflate your power bills. You need a light that can deliver the required illumination without consuming too much power. For large scale cultivations, you may need a more powerful grow light, which will ultimately consume more power. The grow light needs to be power efficient though. The power consumption should correspond to the performance of the light. Fortunately, LEDs do not consume much power as compared to previous lighting technologies. Most of the lights are therefore power efficient.
- Where you Intend to Use the Light
Gardens can be indoors or outdoors. If your garden is outdoor, you are going to need a waterproof grow light. The grow light will be exposed to rain and dust outside. It therefore needs to be resistant to such conditions, lest it gets damaged. You don’t want to buy a light that cannot last for a day. The review contains some of the best led grow lights for indoor plants. If you need a grow light for large greenhouses, it need to have a clamping system. It should be easy for you to find a place to secure the light in a good position that ensures maximum coverage.
The price is always the ultimate determinant of the grow light you are going to get. It is important that you don’t compromise on the quality just to save a few bucks. Always go for the best quality grow light that you can afford. Take your time to compare the different types of light available, to find out which delivers more value for your money. It would not be prudent to get a light that cannot serve the required purpose. Different lights from different brands may have identical features but have different prices, depending on their distribution channel. You should be able to get the best led grow light for the money you have.
The review and buying guide above should help you narrow down to the grow light that would work best for you. Shopping for the best LED grow light should no longer feel like such a difficult task. As mentioned in the beginning, the aim of the review is to help you make an informed decision next time you go looking for an LED grow light. The review is quite lengthy though. It would be difficult for you to recall all the details in it. As such, below is a summary table of all the grow lights featured in the review. The table below contains the respective features and prices of the different grow lights. You can quickly skim through the table and find the best LEDgrow light for yourself.
- 1 Best LED Grow Lights 2018
- 2 1) Diamond Series XML 350 Grow Light
- 3 2) Viparspectra Reflector Series Grow Light (300 watts)
- 4 3) Viparspectra Reflector Series Grow Light (600 watts)
- 5 4) TaoTronics Grow Light
- 6 5) Roleadro LED Grow Light
- 7 6) Viparspectra Reflector-Series (450 watts)
- 8 7) Galaxyhydro 600watts LED Grow Light
- 9 8) Mars Hydro-Reflector LED Grow Light
- 10 9) Apollo Horticulture GL80X5LED Grow Light
- 11 10) G8LED 900-Watt Grow Light
- 12 11) Ledgle LED Grow Light
- 13 Best LED Grow Lights 2018 – Buyer’s Guide